Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hand Lettering

Hello there, first post on this blog. I currently obsessed with calligraphy. I've used digital calligraphy for many of my projects but I never actully write by hand and I always curious on how to write using dip pen. So last month I decided to buy this newbie kit from @cforcalligraphy one of Indonesians talented calligrapher, you should check out her works is fantastic and inspired me to write.  


In the newbie package there's : worksheet, pen holder, zebra g5 nibs, black ink, alphabet card. You can get it for IDR199.000 from @cforcalligraphy. 
I thought there will be some instruction but there's none so I was really confused. And to be honest I really have no idea what I was doing, I tried to dip the pen unto the ink but I can't seems to write anything (lol). It looks so easy when watching people do it. After some googling it turns out I hold the pen in a wrong direction (doh).  
If you curios on how to write using dip pen, here are some simple instruction.  
 
 
Dip the pen into the ink, until it covers 3/4 of nibs.  

 
Do not hold your pen too high otherwise the ink wont come out. Practice some lines to get used to holding the pen. 

 
 
It is a good idea to always keep water and tissue around so I can just clean up my pen each time I finish. 

I am still far from perfect, but I just need to practice more.
 
 

Writing I did using finetec pearl edition. Love the gold color.
 

For now, this is what I can do ;) will practice more.

Check out my design shop on instagram @lalalovgift
See you next time on another lalalov projects
  

2 comments: